Saturday, March 16, 2013

Harris Tweed Bagpipe Covers

As well as selling tweed jackets, I am a professional musician, performing on many ancient and modern musical instruments. When I needed new covers for two of the types of bagpipe that I play, there was only one choice of material to make. So, along with a friend who could wield a sewing machine, we repurposed two Harris Tweed jackets and voila, two well dressed bagpipes!


This is my English Border Bagpipe.
The style is from the Carlisle region of Northern England.


A bagpipe covered by an act of Parliment.


This is my Biniou from Brittany -
the type of bagpipe is a Veuze from
the south of the country.


A true Scottish / Breton collaboration.


... and after a very exciting day, it's time for bed.

Thanks so much to my friend Christine Denise Day for working with me to create these beauties. I can't wait for my next gig, so that I can show off them off in public.

3 comments:

  1. what exceptionally handsome jackets for your pipes! Even your instruments are well kitted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweed fabrics come in all color schemes, from violets, blues, reds to camels. The colors are always muted and the fabric is surrounded by an aura of luxurious sensuality.boucle fabrics

    ReplyDelete